Monday, March 7, 2016

Snowshoeing

We are off, running, jumping and falling through the snow. We run to a deep spot, My breath crystalizes in the air and my hair has formed in to spiky icicles. We laugh as we tumble through the snow that rises up to our waists. I follow my friends to the side of our small indent in the valley when suddenly the snow sucks me down, in to the thick white blanket. I yelp and jerk to try and pull my leg free as chunks of ice fall in to my boot. suddenly I sink further, the snow up to my stomach and I break through ice and in to water. It flows in to my boot, so cold that it feels like my leg is being burned. I yank myself up to the bank and tare of the boot water drips out and my sock pours water. I bite my lip, so cold, so, so cold. "Come back everybody" Max yells from the bright pile of backpacks.
I realize there is only one way back, the same treacherous way that we came. Over the river. I try to walk along the side but soon I fall back and my other leg crashes through the ice and the boot floods with the same burning cold water. This time I'm caught, my boot won't come up and my lower leg is freezing. I grab a hand and finally break free. We stumble back up to the teachers and I tear off the boots letting the water pour out.

This was my fun adventure today on our snowshoeing trip :)      

4 comments:

  1. That was my hand! I felt so so bad!! I love how descriptive this is, this sounds scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, the wonderful experiences of sNOwshoeing. Nice slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good description! That sounds horrible!

    ReplyDelete