Thursday, March 31, 2016

Waves

I stand on the grass, my legs are squished hard by my wetsuit. A blonde haired girl falls from laughing at me so hard. after a long trial, I finally yank up the zipper and grab a surf board. I hold it awkwardly as a run in to the crashing waves. I paddle with my stomach down, gripping the board hard. My breath echoes in my ears as I wait for the right wave. I see it coming. I turn the board and watch as the white cap of the wave arches toward me and push off. The board wobbles as a rise to my knees and plant my feet, hoping I don't fall. My arms are held aloft, keeping my balance. I skim across the surf and feel the wind blow in my hair that is shriveled and curled by the salt. A perfect day, riding waves under the California sun.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! This was a great description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really fun! Nice last SOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really cool! I like that it gives a detailed description without it being super long. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really cool! California sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete