Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sol #4

"Under the sea, under the sea" I tirelessly swing my legs up and down, up and down, keeping time with the rhythm of the song. People are dancing, side stepping and singing all around across the stage. I take a quick breath to prepare for the next verse and let it out, riding on the melody. Only two more weeks until show time and although we sound good now, there is no telling how the actually show will turn out. We twirl, jump, and chant the verses for the entirety of the song, mustering up as much enthusiasm as we can for a grey Tuesday morning. And, blackout! Kelly says, bringing my attention back. We scurry across the stage and dart behind the curtains and the lights fade to black.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I love watching the rehearsals when I can. I love the last line.. and this is also March 6th not 4th haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice SOL. And as part of stagecraft, I honestly think that with all the tirelessness you guys are pouring into the show, it will be difficult to flop. (Sets are a different matter.) And you can actually sing. Nice SOL, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good description, I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to respond to this for my slice for tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete